Thanksgiving is almost here, which means the holiday season is in full swing. Every year I get a few people asking me what they should get for their friend that likes photography. I thought it would be fun to create a ‘Holiday Gift Guide’ for photographers. Here are a few suggestions and a helpful hint to my generous family and friends.
1. Camera Strap. Many SLRs come with camera straps very unattractive. Getting a replacement one shows individuality and personality. I found lots of cute ones on etsy.com like this one, like this one.
2. Point and Shoot Camera. Photographers love the latest technology. This Canon s95 came out a few months ago and is an awesome fit-in-your-pocket companion.
3. iPod. The new iPod Nano Multitouch is perfect for the on-the-go photographer. Its convenient, small and makes it easy to listen to your music while on a shoot.
4. Tutorial DVD. Learning from other professionals is one of the best ways to pick up new tips. Joey L is one of the youngest, greatest photographers of our time and he has DVD tutorial that I can’t wait to watch.
6. Laptop Accessory. This Rain Design mStand for MacBook/MacBook Pro is great for people who spend a lot of time on their laptop. It raises the laptop so there is no heat on your desk, its easier to clean your tabletop surface, and its at your natural eye level.
7. Tripod Attachement. Making photo shoots an easier process, many tripods have an additional attachments for the legs. This particular head by Gitzo creates easier movement between panoramic and different picture orientations.
Hope you find this list useful for the holiday season. I’d love to know if you guys use one of my suggestions so let me know by commenting below.
Don’t forget to visit my gallery for other gift ideas. Seasons Greetings!